I'd like to take a moment to do a "public" shout out to Ms. Bethany Lyn Davis for being the only friend to leave a kind comment about my Chris post. I'm sure there are a lot of skeptics out there, and I can understand why. The fact that we haven't met yet seems to be a huge road block to everyone but us. ;) But in further news, it looks like it's a for sure thing that I'll be heading to England at the end of October. For awhile it was looking like it might not happen, but Chris is determined to get me there and says there is no "if" about it. So in the next couple of weeks, we will get tickets purchased. I am really soooo excited when I think about the reality of us finally being together in a few short weeks!! Plus I've got some awesome family visits planned for the next two weekends, which will make time pass quickly, then just two weekends to kill and I'm off to see the love of my life! :) The one thing I don't want to ponder too much is the leaving part. I'm not sure how I'm gonna drag myself away from Chris once we are finally together. The only consolation (and only reason I'll be able to leave) is that we've formed a new plan for the future! Instead of waiting until April to come out here, he is moving to Boise in January. We are both very excited about this!
I think one of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to the England trip in October is that it will finally put people's minds at ease. They won't keep using the whole "not meeting" thing against us. ;) If I already covered this in my previous post, sorry, but it does feel very untrue to say I haven't met Chris. We basically talk all day, and we video chat usually each night, some mornings, and every weekend. I know him. He knows me. We just haven't been able to hug or hold hands yet.
For any of you who don't follow my movements on Facebook (ha, wow that sounds self-aggrandizing) I got a package from Chris a couple weeks ago. :) He included a bunch of my favorite snacks that I've been missing since my study abroad trip, plus a few new favorites (mmm...Jaffa Cakes.)
And here's a picture of the package contents:

Anywho, in other news, my sister, niece and grandparents are coming into town this weekend. I'm very excited! I haven't seen my grandparents in a long time and I always love seeing Taylor and Rikki. Taylor just gets cuter and cuter each time, and I can't get enough of hearing her call me Sassy. :) Should be a fun weekend. And next weekend my dad is coming. :) It'll be some nice family time for the next couple of weeks.
3 comments:
You and Chris remind me of a couple we knew in Rexburg. They met over the internet. He was from Washington State and she lived in Scotland. Fast forward and they've been happily married for 6 years! :)
Hope you have fun with your fam :) I forgot to say that I can't believe his last name is grapes haha love it. One of my math major friends met his wife online so it's legit but to be honest I would be way too scared to go to England or anywhere else to meet a guy. You've got guts! Just be safe. Yes I am paranoid haha
Sorry I didn't post to your other entry, Sam! It wasn't out of fear or skepticism. Relationships beginning online are pretty common now, and I am really glad that you've found someone you're happy with. You deserve to be happy, Sam, and I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip. I'm jealous of the trip to England AND the boyfriend with a sexy British accent. :D
Post a Comment