Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Boys suck

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to restart my MySpace account, which I had canceled when I got married. MySpace, much more than Facebook, seems to be about meeting new people so I figured maybe it would be a good thing for me to try. Not so. I've talked to a few guys on there, mostly casually, but a couple I got to know pretty well.

Boy #1 was the first guy I really met and talked to on MySpace after I started my account. He seemed to fit the type I usually go for. He seemed like a good guy...cute, funny, sweet. There were three or four nights that we talked for several hours, staying awake until 3am just chatting. It was really nice. We met in person about a week after we started talking online, but then it seemed like after we hung out he started acting a little weird...wonder why? He started taking forever to respond to texts or instant messages and seemed like he was avoiding hanging out again. I wasn't clear on the reason either. I had sent him an unflattering picture of myself before we even hung out so he knew that I was overweight and his response was "weight is something you can change." But honestly, I can't think of many other reasons for his change in behavior than the fact that he didn't like what he saw. So now I am in a waiting game with him. I talked to him briefly on AIM last night but that's been it for the past several days.

Boy #2 messaged me out of the blue on MySpace and we talked a little before he requested my phone number so we could text. I gave it to him. That was only yesterday. By today he was telling me how much he liked me and how I was "so beautiful". My first reaction to that? Why and what do you want from me? Boy #1 usually said I was "cute"...I can understand cute and believe he was being sincere when he said it. Maybe it's low self esteem but when a guy calls me "beautiful" it's just hard to swallow. So I sent Boy #2 the same unflattering pics I had sent Boy #1 so he would be totally aware of the not-so-good body I have these days. Boy #2's response? He wanted me to send him new full body shots since those were taken awhile ago and said that I need to lose some weight and gave me diet tips. Goodbye Boy #2.

So these experiences have lead me to the conclusion that I need to delete my MySpace account. Nothing but trouble has come from both situations. I really was starting to like Boy #1 but he suddenly changed his tune, and if it was because I wasn't as pretty as he was expecting...well, that just sucks. I don't know what to do about him so the situation will remain unresolved. As for Boy #2? That was just a beating on my self esteem that I didn't need.

The problem right now is that I have a lot of trust issues with guys. I think I have started expecting that they will lie to me. I caught a third boy in a lie and immediately wrote him off. Boy #1 and #2? I was always looking for things they said that might be lies...particularly Boy #2. Why did he act like he liked me so much? What could he want from me? Was he the type that purposefully went after heavier girls because it was easier to get what they wanted from them through flattery? I couldn't help but think those things and it didn't make me feel any better...it made me feel worse, obviously.

I feel like going out and buying a Marie Calendar's pie and eating the whole thing myself. =P

1 comment:

Monica said...

Boys really do suck! I would stick with Facebook to help weed out the really weird ones on Myspace :) and totally go for the pie! Whenever I got sick of boys at SUU I would always eat a lot more Dairy Queen Blizzards haha food is the best! You look great by the way so don't let dumb boys get ya down. There are some good ones out there...though they may be few!