Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's official....I suck...

Ugh...I'm going to be glad when this challenge is over since I am apparently terrible at keeping up with my blog on a daily basis. Here we go again!

Day #25 - Topic: "Discuss something you planned that ended up not being what you expected."

The first thing that popped into my head here was "my honeymoon!" And actually, that could be said of both of them. The ex and I spend our honeymoon in Disneyland. I thought that would be a lot of fun, but it was also August and soooo hot! We flew there so we didn't have a car, which limited our activities. We mostly went between the park and our hotel, only eating in a restaurant once, one right across from Disneyland. The heat and the crowds were also a bit much for me, so I didn't want to spend all day there, which meant kind of squandering the trip. Oh, and I also got some huge bruises on my shins from the dang Matterhorn ride. I regretted not doing something more low-key.

For my honeymoon with Chris, I had the same problem with the heat as we were in Vegas in September. We figured since we were getting married there, it made sense to do the "honeymoon" there as well. Except it didn't turn out as much of a honeymoon. His parents were there with us the whole time, which was fine, but it just meant it wasn't always the two of us alone, as you would think it would be for a honeymoon; it was a bit more like a nice family vacation. Vegas was also a lot more expensive than either of us had anticipated, so by the time it was post-wedding, we were both already sick of spending money. If you don't want to spend money in Vegas, there aren't a lot of options for entertainment. We should have been more adventurous and at least walked around casinos, but again, it was like 100 degrees out and the distance between casinos is much further than you'd think. Another honeymoon of potential adventures squandered.

I think there is a bit too much emphasis put on honeymoons really. Even after two so-so ones, I still think of honeymoons as needing to be this romantic, adventurous journey that you'll never forget. Really, I think you're just tired after months of planning and anticipation. You also need to not be cheap, like me. Everything in Disneyland was too expensive, and same with Vegas! I need to make sure to go somewhere cool and non-touristy for my next honeymoon. (Just kidding Chris! Haha!)


Day #26 - Topic: "How do you handle/deal with both success and failure?"

Well to be honest, I had a little breakdown on Monday and my way of handling it wasn't very productive. I met up with my friend Alex to vent (good) and proceeded to drink a lot (bad). I also read some stuff to purposely make myself feel worse (very bad). Do any of you do that? Sometimes I'm just like "I can't feel much worse so I'm going to do this!" It's like I become a sadist towards myself or something. So yeah, I need to devise a better way of handling my failures. As far as successes, I might also celebrate that with a drink! Haha...but I promise I'm not an alcoholic! ;) Actually, I usually like to just go do something fun with Chris. Go to dinner, or see a movie. Something that will be enjoyable for both of us. I'll admit that sometimes I also spoil myself a little, with shopping or food. It's fun, but probably another habit I should break!

Day #27 - Topic: "What is your vocation (why are you here on earth)?"

This almost seems like two different questions to me. Are any of us really in a vocation that we feel is the reason we are here on earth? You're really lucky if that's the case. 

To answer the first part of the question, I currently work at a local community college in the Boise area. I recently was promoted to an Enrollment Specialist over curriculum management, meaning I oversee catalog production and the maintenance of our courses. 

To answer the second part...well, I'm here because my parents wanted another child. :P I'm not really sure how to respond to that, as I'm not sure I really feel a specific purpose to my life yet. I enjoy being a wife to Chris, hopefully a good one. And I love being a kitty momma to my three wonderful girls...Charly, Phoebe, and Lucy. At one point I thought maybe my purpose was to be a writer, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. Maybe my purpose is to act as Chris' unofficial editor, since he has much more talent than I do. :) I'm basically just planning on him providing us with riches from his talent!

Only three more days to go! It's been an interesting process and I've definitely had some moments of contemplation with these topics. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up the momentum to blog more regularly but it will be nice to not have it as a "mandatory" thing that I feel guilty about skipping. 

Until tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Monica said...

My parents spent a bit of our honeymoon with us so I completely relate to that scenario haha my husband will never let me live that down. He was quite annoyed they were there lol