Topic: Someone
you met randomly that's made an impact on your life.
I've been thinking about this topic since last night. There haven't been that many people I would consider myself as having met "randomly." To me, the topic implies that it is someone you met, but didn't stay in contact with, who impacted your life. I honestly can't think of anyone that would fit that description.
Soooo...instead I am going to write about random stuff. I tried looking up Idaho law tonight regarding whether or not it was legal to raise the rent on us. For anyone who hasn't heard through Facebook, I randomly noticed that the rent on our apartments had been raised on new online ads. I contacted our management company to ask if the rent would be raised on us if we signed a lease for another year. They said no, it would stay at the current rate. Awesome! Then we got new property managers. I posed the same question to them, explaining that our previous managers said they'd keep us at the current rent, and they said they were going to be raising it on everyone. This doesn't seem like it should be legal. We've been in this apartment for two years now. Why should they suddenly be able to charge us $50 more a month when nothing has changed? Alas, there are no laws prohibiting it, other than saying if you signed a lease for a certain period of time at a certain amount of rent, it can't be raised. We are supposed to be signing a new lease at the end of May. With the raised rent, that's $600 more over a year period that we'll be paying for the same apartment, with the same loud neighbors and walls with no sound proofing. I've been in a bit of a whirlwind lately, trying to find possible places to move online. I haven't had much luck. We don't want to pay too much more a month, especially if we are moving to another apartment rather than a townhouse or house. Chris and I had pretty much given up, but tonight I took one last shot and found something with potential that we are going to go check out after work tomorrow. The rent is more expensive than here, but the apartments are a bit bigger, not to mention the fact that the complex has a pool, pond, clubhouse, and fitness room. It looks like rent may include the cost of internet as well, which would save us $30 a month. Anyway, we'll see what tomorrow brings but I have a good feeling about this place.
And now I'm off to bed! Sorry for the lame topic and lame entry. :)
5/28/16
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment