Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day #7

Topic: ???????

Chris' suggestion for today's topic was to post about Lucy, as he feels it is unfair I didn't include her by name in an earlier posting mentioning my cats. Not sure it's a good use of the blog, but since I have nothing else, here are some pictures!





Lucy is about 8 months old now and came to be a member of our family in January. Her full name is Lucy Goose Grapes, and she is often called by the nicknames Goosey, Gooser, Lulu, and (this is only a Chris nickname for her) Goosingtons.

Surprisingly she fit into the family pretty fast. We were worried as we have tried to integrate other cats into the family before and Charly was having none of that. As you can tell from the picture of her and Lucy snuggling above, she's come to accept Lucy's presence. She even chews off Lucy's whiskers while grooming her, like she's done to Phoebe for some time.

Lucy's most unique/annoying trait is her meow, and I say that in a loving manner. She meows all the time! And her meow is really high pitched and whiny sounding. It just makes me laugh. I may need to record it sometime just so people can experience the delight of a Goose meow.

She's a great kitty and we are happy to have her in the family!

Tomorrow night I am off with my bestie Cheri for dinner and a movie. :) Maybe I'll be able to get her to come up with a topic for the blog!

2 comments:

Chris Grapes said...

Little Goose!

Monica said...

I love that you named her Lucy Goose haha my mom had the nerve to call me a loosey goosey and I'm the wholesome one compared to my sisters!