Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day #6

Topic: "Something that excites you and fills you with joy."

I'm not really feeling the blog vibe today, so I was very tempted to write "See yesterday's post for answer" but I figured that kind of beat the purpose of this 30-Day challenge. So instead, let's just say ditto to all the things I said yesterday for this question and here are a few more answers:

-Reading a good book. Nothing is better than getting so involved in a book that you have to stay up just 10 more minutes reading...and then before you know it it's 2am!

-Watching a good movie. I've always been a bit of a movie buff. At one point my dream job was to become a movie critic, but as that seems like a one in a million shot, I gave it up. Now I've started posting short movie reviews to Facebook. Ha! I'm not sure anyone even pays attention to them but it's kinda fun. We just saw "Cabin in the Woods" on Sunday and I'm already wanting to go see it again, now that I know what's coming. It was awesome.

-Writing. Unfortunately this isn't something that I am very good about making myself do. I signed up for Script Frenzy this month. It's a competition where you're supposed to write a 100-page screenplay in the month of April. The first day I got 7 pages down and I haven't worked on it since. My problem is I seem to get really excited about an idea, get the prologue written, and then lose interest once I have to dive into the meat of the story. The only thing I've written of substantial length is a horror screenplay I started when I was 11. I just recently re-read the version I did in my college writing class and it was sooo bad! I know I had started revising major plot points, but I seem to have lost all the revisions and now I'm too depressed about its crapiness to start the revisions over.

-Going dancing! I wish dancing was something I'd gotten into as a teenager. I absolutely love going dancing downtown with my friends. It's an awesome, fun way to exercise. I think I have decent rhythm. When I used to go with my friend Shannon, who was a go-go dancer at the time, people would ask me why I wasn't a dancer there too...but it would be safe to bet that most of the people saying that were probably drunk. :)

-Plain and simple: Good food! How do you think I got to where I am today? ;) I have a major sweet tooth, and I think I'm missing that gene that makes people think certain foods are "too rich". I'm not sure I've ever met a food I would consider "too rich". I've been completely spoiled having Chris here cooking meals for me. He's an awesome chef. :) And nothing is better than a night out with my sweetie, going to dinner at a nice restaurant.

I suppose that's a decent list for tonight, especially since I didn't want to write anything! As a side note, on the 30-Day blog list I am using, the next three days are marked as a "vacation hiatus." I asked Chris to come up with a topic for me for one of the days. If anyone out there has suggestions for a blog topic on one of the other two days, please feel free to share in a comment. :)

2 comments:

Chris Grapes said...

I still think you should write an entry solely dedicated to our newest girl, Lucy Goose! :)

Monica said...

I am a horrible dancer but I definitely love food!